Australian Prawn Panzanella Salad
- 24 large cooked Australian Prawns
- 6 slices ciabatta cut into thick slices
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Lebanese cucumber peeled & sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 500 g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil to serve
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
Preheat a barbecue or grill plate over a high heat.
Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Brush the bread and prawns with oil, rub with garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook bread for 2-3 minutes each side or until bread is charred then warm prawns in pan.
Place cucumber, onion, tomatoes, prawns and bread into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and pour over dressing.
Toss to combine and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes. Top with fresh basil to serve.
To make the dressing: Place vinegar, oil & fennel seeds into a small bowl & mix to combine.